STAR-STAR strive to work with male, female and transgender sex workers.
All activities and/or projects implemented by STAR-STAR are realised with direct community participation.
All strategic decisions of STAR-STAR are taken by the Executive Board of STAR closely collaborating with General Assembly of STAR and its membership comprised by male, female and transgender sex workers.
The main challenge that sex workers in Macedonia face is their exclusion by social. ;ega; and hea;th system. Macedonia has not yet built a prescriptive and systematic review to describe the existing number of sex workers in Macedonia as well as the problems and needs faced by sex workers community. Vaguely defined legal framework that target sex work in Macedonia expose sex workers to greater vulnerability and stigmatisation by the society.
- Improving of legal measuers that target sex workers
- Improving the social environment and conditions in which sex workers live and work
- Improving of sex workers' knowledge regarding their sexual and reproductive health
- Intervention and prevention against violence among sex workers
- Promoting sex work as work which is free to choose and has no connection with human trafficking