The RighT Guide is a tool to assess the human rights impacts of anti-trafficking policies. The tool was created by both sex worker-led organisations and allies. The aim of the toolkit is to provide NGOs and other organisations with a tool they can use to assess the consequences of anti-trafficking policies on the human rights of the people most affect by these policies, such as sex workers. The tool provides the step-by-step process to study the impact of anti-trafficking policies, which then provides evidence-based research for advocacy against these policies.
Part I - Introduction
- About the RighT Guide
- A human rights based approach to trafficking
- Introducing human rights
- UN Trafficking Protocol
Part II - Quick Scan
Part III - The assessment in 7 Steps
- The policy
- Legal, political, and social environment
- Human rights in theory: human rights commitments of your State
- Human rights in practice: the impact of the policy
- Accountability of the State
- Recommendations & action plans
You can download this 76-page PDF above. This resource is in English.