The Know it, Prove it, Change it toolkit helps grassroots organisations in communities affected by HIV/AIDS to understand their basic rights, document rights abuses, and design and implement advocacy campaigns. T
Know It: The Rights Framework which discusses international human rights law and how it applies to people living with HIV/AIDS and other marginalised communities
- HIV/AIDS: The Rights Framework
- Stigma and Discrimination
- THe Right to Health
- Rights and the Police
- Rights in Pre-Trial Detention and Prison
- Rights of People Working on HIV/AIDS
- Rights of Marginalised Communities
Prove It: Documenting Rights Abuses explains how to plan and conduct rights research.
- Introduction: The Power of Testimony
- Planning your Project
- The Rights Interview
- Writing the Report
Change It: Ending Rights Abuses shows how to plan and conduct local, national, and international advocacy based on the research.
- What is Advocacy?
- Analyzing the Environment
- Creating an Advocacy Strategy
- Tactics: Lobbying and Cultivation
- Tactics: Mobilizing Media and the Community
You can download these 90 - 150 page PDF document above. These resources are available in English.