Download this resource
This policy brief highlights the linkages between sex workers’ rights and gender equality. It argues the women’s movement must meaningfully include sex workers as partners. It advocates for a feminism that recognises sex workers’ rights as human rights and highlights shared areas of work under an international human rights framework. Ultimately, there can be no gender equality if sex workers’ human rights are not fully recognised and protected. A community guide is also available.
- A Sex Worker-Inclusive Human Rights Framework for Gender Equality
- Sex Work and Feminism
- Fundamental Feminism and Abolition
- The Conflation of Sex Work and Trafficking
- What Sex Worker-Inclusive Feminism Looks Like
- Discrimination is Intersectional – Equality Should Be Too
- Transphobia and Homophobia Harm Gender Equality
- The Way Forward
- Conclusion: Envisioning Successful Partnerships for gender Equality
You can download this 16 page PDF above. This resource is available in English, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish.