Download this resource
This NSWP briefing paper provides an overview of the new HIV prevention tools on the horizon, including microbicides, pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), vaccines, and ‘treatment for prevention’. It details the possible positive and negative impacts of these as identified by sex worker organisations. Finally, it explores how sex workers’ advocacy can influence the development and introduction of these tools in ways that maximise usefulness and minimise risk to sex workers. A summary is also available.
- New prevention tools
- What this means for sex workers
- Potential positive impacts of microbicides, PrEP and/or vaccines
- Potential negative impacts of microbicides, PrEP and/or vaccines
- 'Real world' use - testing and the risk of coercion
- Research update: how products are being developed and tested
You can download this 11-page PDF above. This resource is available in English, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish.