Download this resource
This resource is a Community Guide to the policy brief on Young Sex Workers. The policy brief summarises the research on young people who sell sex including both young people who sell sex below the age of 18 and young sex workers between the ages of 18 and 29. It clearly demonstrates how the systemic discrimination, stigma, and criminalisation experienced by young people who sell sex increases their vulnerability to HIV.
- Legal considerations for young sex workers
- Intersecting vulnerabilities
- Barriers to accessing services
- Stigma and discrimination
- State-based violence
- Specific legislation for people under 18
- A rights-based approach to young people who sell sex
You can download this 5 page PDF above. This resource is available in Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.