This is a formal letter of request that the Ontario Human Rights Commission conduct a public inquiry into discrimination against Ottawa-area sex workers by the Ottawa Police Service.
In giving reasons for the request, the letter details:
1. Why the subject-matter of this request would not otherwise be brought before
decision-making bodies, i.e. the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal;
2. Why a public inquiry into the treatment of sex workers by the Ottawa Police
Service accords with the Commission’s statutory mandate to act in the public
3. How the evidence in POWER’s report, and in OPS publications and public
statements, demonstrates discrimination towards sex workers on prohibited
4. The impact of police discrimination on Ottawa-based sex workers;
5. Possible outcomes of a public inquiry into the treatment of sex workers by the
Ottawa Police Service.
You can download this 11 page PDF resource above. This resource is in English.