Society for Women Awareness Nepal (SWAN) submitted this shadow report during the 71st CEDAW Session, which took place October-November 2018. The report elaborates on the situation of cisgender and transgender women who are sex workers in Nepal. It focuses on the social justice and health issues that sex workers in Nepal face.
- Discrimination against Women, State Obligation, and Equal Participation
- Discrimination in Law and Policies
- Police Violence and Misconduct
- Negative Stereotypes
- Humiliation by Society
- Humiliation by State
- Behaviour of Health Workers
- Expenses in Blood Test and Medication
You can download this 14-page report above. It is available in English.
Funding from PITCH through the Free Space process supported the development of this Shadow Report and the participation of a country team of sex workers to the 71st CEDAW session.