In the spring issue of Soundings the author compares lived experience to the representations of trafficking presented by major media and government agencies. The evidence presented is a deconstruction the way that the discourse on sex work and trafficking is shaped.
- Lavishing love and caring, not sex
- Dreams of getting ahead
- Gossip, deals and other 'informalities'
- Are these sectors really indefinable?
- The demand for all these 'services'
- Crossing the border into diaspora
You can download this 11 page PDF resource above. This resource is in English.