Red Umbrella Fund are looking for two sex workers or strong allies from somewhere in North America and Central Europe, Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Red Umbrella Fund is the first-ever global grantmaking collaborative guided by and for sex workers. Red Umbrella Fund is guided by an International Steering Committee (ISC) made up of sex workers and donors. The ISC decides the grantmaking criteria, approves the annual budget and makes other strategic decisions.
The Programme Advisory Committee (PAC) advises the ISC about which new grants to make. PAC members read and score the applications and select which applications should be funded by Red Umbrella Fund. PAC members can stay on the PAC for up to 3 years.
The PAC has up to 11 members, always with a large majority (at least 80%) of sex workers. Red Umbrella Fund wants a PAC that is diverse in terms of gender and geography.
Red Umbrella Fund is looking for two sex workers or strong allies from somewhere in:
– North America (Canada & United States of America)
– Central Europe and Eastern Europe and Central Asia (CEECA)
The minimum requirements necessary to apply to be a PAC Member are:
- Language: able to read and discuss funding proposals in English.
- Availability: able to commit 5-10 hours each week between 02 August and 15 October 2021 to review applications and to participate in PAC meetings .
- Affiliation: be part of and/or endorsed by one sex worker-led group or network.
- Internet: regular email and stable internet connection.
What can you gain?
- The PAC is an exciting and meaningful opportunity to contribute to Red Umbrella Fund’s grantmaking to sex worker groups around the world.
- As PAC member you learn more about sex worker activism in different regions.
- Many PAC members find the experience useful for their knowledge about philanthropy and activism.
To apply, visit the Red Umbrella Fund website to download the self-nomination form. Complete the form in English with a support letter and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 June 2021.