The Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce (SWEAT), along with the Red Umbrella Programme, a network of 19 South Africa sex worker programmes and 560 peer educators supported by SWEAT, has developed this guide on best practices to comprehensive sex work programming. The guide provides an overview of meaningful sex worker involvement and strategies of moving from programmes “for” to programmes “with” and “by” sex workers. It also emphasises the importance of leadership development, holistic programming, and using human rights framework to meet sex worker health needs.
- Background on Sex Work in South Africa
- Guiding Principles for Sex Worker Programmes
- Meaningful sex worker involvement
- Holistic approach
- Integration and partnership building
- Human rights framework
- Implementing Sex Worker Programmes
- Examples of effective programmes.
You can download this 76 page PDF above. This resource is available in English.