Who do you work with?
Uganda Harm Reduction Network works with People Who Use and Inject Drugs (PWUIDs).
How are sex workers involved in your organisation?
Sex workers are among the People Who Use and Inject Drugs (PWUIDs).
Which of NSWP priority areas does your organisation work on?
Oppose the criminalisation and other legal oppression of sex work and support its recognition as work
Advocate for universal access to health services, including primary health care, HIV and sexual and reproductive health services
Speak out about violence against sex workers, including violence from police, institutions, clients, and intimate partners, while challenging the myth that sex work is inherently gender-based violence
Oppose human rights abuses, including coercive programming, mandatory testing, raids and forced rehabilitation
Challenge stigma and discrimination against sex workers, their families and partners, and others involved in sex work
Advocate for the economic empowerment and social inclusion of sex workers as sex workers
What are the two main challenges that the sex workers you work with face
Criminalization of adult sex workers;
Stigma and discrimination against sex workers.
Describe other areas of your work
• HIV/AIDS Prevention Care and Support;
• TB and HEPs Screening;
• Psychosocial Support and Referrals
• Community Education / Dialogues
• Human Rights and Advocacy;
• Capacity building and leadership / mentoring;
• Research and Documentation;
• Outreach; Needle and Syringe Program;
• Targeted Information Education & Communication;
• Peer Educators program;
• Responsive Rehabilitation.