Who do you work with?
Muamko Mpya CBO works with Ttanswomen sex workers and male sex workers.
How are sex workers involved in your organisation?
- Educate the sex workers pertaining their human rights
- champion 100% condim use among sex workers
Which of NSWP priority areas does your organisation work on?
Oppose the criminalisation and other legal oppression of sex work and support its recognition as work
Critique the trafficking paradigm that conflates representations of sex work, migration, and mobility
Advocate for universal access to health services, including primary health care, HIV and sexual and reproductive health services
Speak out about violence against sex workers, including violence from police, institutions, clients, and intimate partners, while challenging the myth that sex work is inherently gender-based violence
Oppose human rights abuses, including coercive programming, mandatory testing, raids and forced rehabilitation
Challenge stigma and discrimination against sex workers, their families and partners, and others involved in sex work
Advocate for the economic empowerment and social inclusion of sex workers as sex workers
What are the two main challenges that the sex workers you work with face
1. Lack of funds to implement our programmes to achieve our goals.
2. Violence, stigma and discrimination of sex workers in Lamu county.
Describe other areas of your work
- Sex workers human rights advoacy
- equal treatment
- violence response mechanism