Download this resource
This briefing paper explores sex workers' experiences of HIV and STI testing and treatment programmes from a global perspective. Sex workers are rarely included in the development and implementation of programming. Programming that does exist often violates the rights of sex workers. Through case studies and interviews, this briefing paper demonstrates there is a need for greater investment in appropriate, high-quality, rights-based services, and research led by sex workers in order to meet the specific needs of this population. A Community Guide is also available.
- Service Delivery for Sex Workers
- Mandatory Testing and Treatment
- Consent and Coercive Testing and Treatment
- Periodic Presumptive Treatment and Syndromic Treatment
- Sex Worker Inclusion and Provider Training
- Access to Prevention, Commodities and Treatment
- Legal Considerations and Protections for Sex Workers
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Services
- Conclusion and Recommendations
You can download this 12-page PDF above. This resource is available in English, Chinese, French, Spanish and Russian.