Flicker of Hope & Development Organization (CBO) aims at enhancing the capacity of youth advocates, young people, youth led organizations and policy makers to undertake Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) advocacy at international, regional, national and counties in Kenya to improve the quality, affordability and accessibility of health including SRHR information and services female, transgender sex workers, and families within Nyamira County of the republic of Kenya.
Sex worker groups and organizations are Flicker of Hope & Development Organization’s members and they participate in deciding Flicker of Hope and development organization strategy and take part in Flicker of Hope & Development Organization Steering Committee. Flicker of hope & Development Organization also employs sex workers as consultants, trainers and translators.
In Kenya, where our organization is registered and working, they punish individual sex work and some of its aspects as administrative and/or criminal offence. Such situation reduces sex workers' access to health services and legal protection for fear of being arrested. It increases stigma around sex work. Human rights violations by law enforcement and medical institutions are a common issue that needs to be addressed and stopped in the project target area.
- Human and labor rights of all sex workers
- Health, sexual and reproductive health and rights of all sex workers
- Documenting, exposing and reducing violence against sex workers
- Increasing and securing the access and availability of high quality services for sex workers in the region
- Strengthening the leadership and involvement of sex workers and their groups in decision making processes on local and national levels